Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Coming back

My friend Jayne at Journey Through Grace started doing an October blogging challenge today. Basically it involves writing about things you notice. Seems easy enough.

But, if it were that easy, why have I, and so many of my blogging friends, fallen out of the easy habit of blogging what we notice? We had a real community going there for a while, now it seems we have all migrated to Facebook. Not that Facebook is a bad thing, for me the connections it enables have been wonderful. And, I have to admit, it is a lot easier than blogging. However, I still have this urge to write, to expand my thoughts beyond a tweet or a status update. But I have gotten out of the habit.

I will attempt to get back into the habit. I will write about things I notice, hopefully without issues from iPad and iPhone photos (I have not taken a photo with a stand alone digital camera in a while.) I will write about this summer, about becoming the mom of a licensed driver, about gardening again after a hiatus, about the musical things I have done, about time passing and family and hope and despair. In other words, about life.

8 comments:

Pablo said...

And every word is golden!

Jayne said...

I am smiling Deb. I warmly remember our little community and like you, miss the deeper connection more words allow. You are right, we are all on Fb now, and though we are in touch, there is nothing like touching the soul in the way that blogging offers. Looking forward to hearing about all that has been going on in your world. xo

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you see and reading your words. Blogging is a wonderful thing.

Deb said...

I find myself looking for the "like" button on these comments! I miss my old blogging community, and hope we can have a blogging fun revival!

Greg said...

Yay to this. I will try to do my part.

Carolyn H said...

Welcome back!

Ontario Wanderer said...

I think I just erased the link to your blog from my blog last week since you did not have anything new on it for so long. (I have been trying to get my blog up and going again.) I shall get the link back on and look forward to reading what you share again!

webb said...

So nice to see you back. We all need breaks from time to time, but i've missed you and your family.